Please choose: 2001-02 BMW Z3 M Coupe or 2006–08 Z4 M Coupe
No, we’re not in the market for either one anytime soon (sadly), but this should be a great conversation starter, and a highly personal choice. Obviously, each one has its merits, charms, and (probably) detractors.
Assuming the current cost difference wasn’t quite as large as it appears to be (side note: is it really?), which would you choose?
The tale of the tape:
2001-02 BMW Z3 M Coupe (mit S54 engine)
- Curb weight: 3131 lbs.
- 315 hp @ 7400 RPM and 251 lb. ft torque @ 4900 RPM
- North America production figure for these two MYs: 690 (total including 1998-2000 with the previous S52 engine: 2,870)
- Blue Book Suggested Ret Value: $17,930
- Original Retail Price (MSRP): $44,990
2006–08 BMW Z4 M Coupe
- Curb weight: 3230 lbs.
- 330 @ 7900 RPM and 262 lb. ft torque @ 4900 RPM
- North America production figure: 1,815
- Blue Book Suggested Ret Value: $26,835
- Original Retail Price (MSRP): $50,100
Have a future ‘Please choose’ you’d like to see? Email us.